Monday, November 26, 2007

Dinner at the Resort

Well, after a full day of wine tasting, we made it back to the Worldmark Windsor by about 5pm. We settled in for the evening and I prepped the food for dinner. The room has a fully stocked kitchen and an outdoor grill. I had bought a flank steak at the store earlier in the day and prepped it by cutting it into 3 portions and pounding them out a bit with a meat mallet. I just used a little salt and pepper on each side and set the grill to high (the grill wasn't very powerful). I sauteed some onions and garlic in some rendered bacon fat, then added a cup of the DeLoach Nova Zin and half a cup of balsamic vinegar to make reduction sauce. I simmered that until it thickened. We had some garlic bread to go with it. Everything was delicious and we really enjoyed cooking with the same wine we drank with the meal. I usually use a cheaper wine when I'm cooking, but I think we could tell the difference here because of the simplicity of the sauce. Tomorrow we plan to head out to the coast and hopefully get to do a nice run in one of the park areas.

No comments: